A student that has taken the time to go through a process is more likely to graduate in four years—saving money and frustration!
High School Students
Our Proven Student Positioning Program for High School Students
Our Student Positioning Program is designed to help high school students find colleges based on social, academic and financial compatibility. The philosophy of “Student Positioning” was developed in response to the rising cost of higher education and the increasing use of enrollment management principles.
We work with students to discover their strengths and identify careers that match those strengths. We also help families qualify for need-based and/or merit money from colleges. The more merit and need-based money the student receives, the less their loan payments will be upon graduation. When students attend colleges that are a social, academic and financial fit, they are happier AND more likely to graduate on time (usually 4 years).
Student Positioning Process….Here’s how we do it:
- We begin by meeting with students—preferably in the spring of their sophomore year, but no later than October of their senior year
- Completion of a Career/Personality Search – helps to direct a student in a career that matches their strengths, values and interests. This program also helps the student understand the outlook of that career as well as how much they can expect to make in that career.
- Professional College Search with an academic advisor – this helps a student find colleges with the right social and academic fits.
- Review of college application(s) to make sure the student is represented in the best way possible.
- Provide a College Tracking List (CTL) helping you understand what to do next and a time frame for when all of above needs to be completed.
- Many more tools and technology to help make this process more organized and less overwhelming.